About Miranda House
Miranda House College for Women established in the year 1948 by the Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer, for educating women and enabling them to make contribution in the social & economic development of the country. The foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 in 1948. The college is well architect by eminent architect Walter George. Miranda offers ideal programmes in humanities and science to more than 2500 students. The college is affiliated to University of Delhi. The college makes its learners deft for the industries through their estimable, well educated and committed faculty, who nurtures students through innovative pedagogy along with etiquette. Apart from this college also maintains a worthwhile relationship with other campus colleges and encourage its students to participate in the various academic and cultural events, which take place throughout the colleges.