Institute of Jute Technology, Kolkata was established in the year 1951 in the campus of University of Calcutta. It was formed jointly by Calcutta University and Indian Jute Mill?s Association in order to provide education and training to fulfill the needs of manpower in jute sector.
- Institute has been renamed as Department of Jute and Fibre Technology, Institute of Jute Technology, University of Calcutta.
- It receives fund from various govt. agencies to carry out various projects.
- Institute is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- No. of titles: 1350
- No. of Volumes: 11250
- Subscribed National Journals: 32
- Subscribed International Journals: 10
- Library Networking Facilities: OPAC and Web OPAC searching system through LIBSYS.
Laboratories: College has various highly equipped laboratories like fabric manufacture lab, Textile chemistry, textile physics and testing lab, computer laboratory etc.
State Engineering College