About Osmania University College For Women
The Osmania University College for Women is a prominent educational institution in Hyderabad and started with only seven students admitted into the Intermediate Arts Course in 1924 in the premises of what was then the Nampally Girls School located in the "Golden Threshold", a former home of Smt.Sarojini Naidu. In 1932, the Intermediate Science Course was started and in 1935, Degree courses in Arts and Social Sciences were added. The College owes its present home to which it moved in 1949, to Nawab Ali Yaver Jung, the former Vice-Chancellor of the Osamania University. In 1941 B.Ed Degree and B.Sc. (Domestic Science) were introduced which has now been replaced by the BA and B.Sc. courses. During 1988-89, the University Grants Commission, granted the college 'Autonomous Status'. Over the following years the college has started several more.Osmania University College for women is the only university constituent college for women, which offers undergraduate, postgraduate and certificate courses.