Degree Category : Science
Course Fee : 45000
Total Seat : 10
Course Duration : 1 Year
Course Level : Doctrate
Course Type : ONCAMPUS
Degree Category : Management
Course Fee : 6 Lakhs
Total Seat : 60
Course Duration : 2 Years
Course Level : Post Graduate
Course Type : ONCAMPUS
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad is a residential university which was established in the year 1998 under the Andhra Pradesh Act 34 of 1998 also known as the National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University Act of the Andhra Pradesh State Legislature. These universities help the students to decide clearly on what they want to do in future and accordingly pursue the relevant courses. The NALSAR University of Law is one such university that has achieved excellence and a high reputation amongst students as one of the best universities offering legal education in the country.
- The university is doing exceptionally well in the field of legal studies creating new opportunities for the students through innovative and improved method of teaching
- It has also been recognized by the UGC u/s 2 (f) and 12 (b) of the UGC Act, 1956
- The prime objective of the university is to produce lawyers of the highest standard who could not only be able to give legal services but also contribute to the community
- The university also looks forward to enhance research in all branches of legal education so as to make the students competent and able in all ways
- The campus is situated 28 kilometers from the city across the Shampeerpet Lake stretched over 50 acres of land
- The programs offered to the students also provide a wide scope for them to excel as lawyers and as human beings also.
University has undertaken collaborative research with the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, the Centre for Children, Law, and Ethics, Cumberland Law School, Samford University, Centre for Disability Law and Policy, University of Ireland, Galway, and LANDESA, India.
The university also emphasizes greatly on the research projects and many projects have been completed by the university while many are in the process of completion. A few of them are:
- Study on Sub-National Governance
- Legal Assistance Program on Land
- Strengthening Criminal Justice and Human Rights
- Citizen?s Guide on Access to Justice
- Handbook on Service Laws
- Enabling Legislation for Good Governance
- Editing and Translation of Booklets on Human Rights
- Coparcenaries Rights of Women in Andhra Pradesh
- Sensitization Program for Abatement of Pollution etc
There are a number of research centers as well that are run by the university which provides immense assistance to the scholars as also to those who want to carry out research projects. A few mentions research centers are:
- N. C. Banerjee Center for IPR Studies
- Dr. S. P. Chatterjee Center for Environmental Law Studies
- M. K. Nambyar SAARCLAW Center for Advanced Legal Studies
- Center for Disability Studies
- Center for Corporate Law and Governance
- Center for Air and Space Law
- Center for Proximate and Continuing Education
- Center for Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law
- Center for Tax Laws
- Center for Media Law and Public Policy and a few more
The students are given good opportunities to engage themselves in various other activities that allow them to have a broader view of life and other areas apart from studies.
- Constitutional Law Society:. The CLS organizes the monthly Constitutional Law Debates, a series of debates wherein members of the faculty and students argue on contemporary questions of Constitutional Theory
- Drama Club: Drama Club meetings are always interesting as each Drama Night sees a few members of the club declaiming their monologues based on a pre-decided theme
- NALSAR International Law Society: The NILS organizes movie screenings followed by discussions on recent international affairs, the most recent being a screening of Captain Phillips, post which a discussion on piracy took place
- Tech Law Forum (TLF): The TLF seeks to understand the merging of different disciplines so as to understand the effect that technology has on us in this era of digital natives, and how the law can or cannot serve as a regulatory mechanism for the same
- Student Bar Council: NALSAR formed the Student Bar Council in the year 2013 to involve the students in co-curricular activities
- Carpe Diem: The university students also organize the Intra-College Cultural Event known as ?Carpe Diem? every year. This is annual four day long cultural, literary and athletic extravaganza of epic proportions, which concludes every academic year.
- NALSAR Inter Varsity Debating Championship
- NALSAR Film Fest
Since its inception, the university has achieved remarkable success both nationally and internationally. It has been recognized as one of the best institutions in the country.
- In the year 2009-2010, NALSAR was awarded the first position by legallyindia.com in the Moot Competitions
- It also got the P. N. Bhagwati National Moot Court Competition in 2003
- In 2004, the university secured the 12th position at the Eleventh Annual Willem C. VIS International Commercial Arbitration Moot that was held in Vienna
- The students of the university have also earned great success and received praises at both national and global level for their outstanding research works and so on.
- India Today ranked NALSAR as the best law school in India in 2013
- Outlook India ranked NALSAR as the best law school in India in 2012
- India Today ranked NALSAR as 2nd position in the top law school in India in 2012 & 2011
- India Today ranked NALSAR as the best law school in India in 2011 & 2008
- Merit Scholarships to graduate students of NALSAR Rs. 8,000/- p.m.
- Attach the demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. 750/- for S.C./S.T./PWD) drawn in favour of Registrar, NALSAR M.B.A. A/c payable at Hyderabad.
- Attach one page Statement of Purpose (S.O.P.) including personal career goals not exceeding 500 words as to why candidate want to join this program.
- Attach self-attested copy of the marks statement of 10th standard.
- Attach a self-attested copy of the statement of marks of the qualifying examination and the degree certificate (i.e. an examination equivalent to graduation).
- Attach a copy of score card/admit card/registration card of CAT 2016/CMAT 2016/XAT-2016/GMAT/GRECaste
- Certificate / disability certificate wherever applicable
|Principal Name:||Dr Ranbir Singh|